The following is the instruction of how to cook step by step in English
Making Thingyan Rice
- Boil one can of rice until the grains become less sticky to each other.
- Filter the rice using a sieve and rinse those grains of rice. Normally, cold water is poured over the rice and consumed.
Making complementary dish
- Chop onions into 4 chunks per onion and shred those chunks into thin pieces.
- Peel fresh mangoes and shred them using either a grater or a blender.
- Boil mackerels until they are tender. You may use dried prawns if the mackerels are not available. (picture : mackerels and shred mangoes' pieces)
- Mix the blended/crushed mackerels with the shredded mangoes, the preserved fish paste, salt and chicken powder thoroughly.
- Prepare oil in pre heated pan. When it boils, add onions and turmeric powder.
- When onions are soften, add marinated mackerels from step 4 and fry.
When mangoes flakes become tender and start to sizzle, it is well cooked. Pan-fried chilli can be used not only as decoration but also used to improve the flavour.